Friday, October 7, 2011

Brandywine again...

I've decided to knit a shawl for a friend who needs a bit of a pick-me-up. She had commented a few times on my Peacock Brandywine shawl so I knew I wanted to knit a triangular shawl. I wanted to use a skein of handspun, but I didn't want any lace patterning to be lost in the color changes of the yarn.



After browsing Ravelry for hours, and favoriting more than several shawls, I decided to knit Brandywine again. I love it and I love how the garter stitch portion shows off handspun yarn so beautifully.

I was working the Ontario provincial election yesterday from 8am to 9pm and managed to squeeze in several rows throughout the day. I finished Chart A.



Should be able to find lots of knitting time over the weekend. I hope to block it by Sunday night!

No comments: