Sunday, March 15, 2009

Darker When Spun

I've spun the singles from the 2oz mini batt of merino in peachy colors. I think I have roughly the same amount on each of three bobbins. I'm loving the color of the singles, although I think they look darker than the batt did.
.
.
average wip: 24
spun: worsted
attempting a long draw, but not quite getting it.
.
I spun the singles starting Thursday evening and I'm going to let them rest tomorrow to deactivate some the of the twist. I'll ply this Monday or Tuesday.
.
The Thrummed mittens I made for myself have been done for about a week. Unfortunately them have been stolen as I suspected. I managed to convince B to at least let me take a photo of the finished mitts. They're a bit pilled already, but obviously work well in the snow.
.
.
I'm quite happy with how these turned out!
.

No comments: