Friday, March 13, 2009

Peach Campino Yarn

The dip-dyed roving that reminded B of Campino candies is spun. I like it, but think I'd like it better if there was less contrast. Perhaps, bright pink and bright orange as opposed to white and bright.
.

Details:
  • two ply, fingering to heavy fingering weight yarn
  • 100 % Merino from Jela's Fibers
  • about 400 yards
Some parts are very even, other are very much not. Probably not my best yarn, but not bad. I also knitted up a 3inch by 6 inch swatch to see if I liked it. By the time I was ready to bind off, I had only just started into the brightest orange part of the yarn. Looks like I have some pretty long color sections in this yarn.
.
.
.
.
I'm still considering whether I'd like to over-dye this with bright pink. Hmm. I'll think.

No comments: