Monday, July 27, 2009

Day One - Shrinky Dinks

We interupt your regularly scheduled knitting and spinning...
.
... for Camp E.D.G.E. I'm the crafts director for the VBS our church is putting on this week. I've had lots of fun prepping the crafts for all the little ones. Each day this week, I'll be showcasing what we've had fun with.
.
What can I say. Kid's are always amazed by the power of shrinking craft plastic. For the littlest kids, I gave them each a piece of Shrinky Dinks with the Camp E.D.G.E. mascot Sparx already traced on. They colored them, then came to the kitchen to watch them shrink. Then we trekked back to the craft station to print our names on the back and attach magnets. The older children traced their own Camp E.D.G.E. mascots onto the plastic, before coloring and shrinking. Lot's of fun!
.
.
There will be no knitting or spinning this week as I'm also packing to go on a family vacation out west. We leave Friday right after our final VBS session. There may be sporadic blogging while I'm on vacay as B will be bringing her laptop and has given me permission to use it occassionally!
.

No comments: