Friday, February 20, 2009

Very Pretty Yarn

I've finished spinning up my Silver Jade roving. I forgot to take any pictures of the process. Oops! Using my kitchen scale, I split the roving into three equal pieces and spun each one onto a separate bobbin. This was all done back in December (in between Christmas busyness!) I was pleased with how even my singles were and since I spun all the singles in the same week, they were quite consistant across the bobbins too. But of course I forgot to check my wpi, too. I've been wanting to do that when I spin, but keep forgetting. I plyed the singles Wednesday night, wound the skein and blocked it Thursday. And this moring it's dry and beautiful.
.
Details:
Silver Jade 80% Merino/20% Silk roving
300 yards, 100g heavy fingering / light sport weight
.
I love it!
.

No comments: