Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We have thrums

The thrummed mittens are progressing nicely again. This should be enough to finish the mitten. B has now claimed them. I don't believe there will be any hope that I'll get to wear them for snowblowing now.
.
Of course, I couldn't visit a fibre dyer to buy just a one ounce batt of natural superwash merino. My visit to Jela's Fiber's yielded the following goodies too. Clockwise from the top: a 2 oz merino batt in light fall colors ( I plan to make it a fingering weight yarn to pair with a chocolate yarn for a pair of Anemoi's for someone special), 4 ounces merion/tencel/angelina blend in black and red, and 4 oz merino that reminds B of Campino candies.
.
Must finish the secret knitting quickly so I can start spinning these lovelies!
.

No comments: