I have so many samples from my Phat Fiber boxes. I love them all and was worried I'd ruin them unless I had just the perfect plan for each of the darling little bits of fluff. Then I realized, I don't think I'll ever be able to think of enough tiny projects for all these perfect yarns I'd be producing and decided to do something that is very contrary to my nature..
I took all the wooly and mohairy samples and ripped them into bits, tossed them randomly in a big bowl and spun little fluff bit after little fluff bit. Then I navajo plied the singles to keep the colors separate and this is what I have!.
4 oz/80 yds bulky weight.
I was having a bit of trouble keeping my singles even, but that may have been partly due to the different fiber content, etc... of each little bit. I wish now that I'd taken a bit more time to make them even. I was also having difficulty with plying, my wheel didn't feel like it was treadling easily and the bobbin was not pulling the plyed yarn in consistantly. I'll have to take the wheel apart and give it a good oiling I think.
So the yarn has some thicker parts, some overplyed parts, some general scary bits, but I think I like it. My conservative-styled heart is still not sure what to do with a yarn like this, but I'll think of something, and it was a great way to try out all those little samples and get a feel for which ones I liked and would consider purchasing in larger quantities.