Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Wicked Case if Startitis

All day Friday, I was feeling restless and unsettled. Like I had creative energy with no where to direct it. I knitted on the Print O' the Wave (still loving it). I started on some Anemoi mittens for my sister (love Eunny's patterns). I considered starting a Cisco hat, but didn't have yarn I wanted. I briefly considered spinning something to use, when I realized if I let this continue I might cast on for 20 projects before nightfall. (I'm still considering the spinning - probably a collection of Phat Fiber samples all spun into a fun colorful yarn, just perfect for a friend's baby's head!)
.
I decided to clean the kitchen to gain some perspective. It took three times as long as normal - I kept being distracted by my stash. Then I did laundry, but the yarn and needles continued to call. I sat down with a cup of tea and sorted through patterns that I want to knit, yarns I want to knit with, my notebook of original ideas... and still I felt that strange uneasiness... could it have been that small coffee I had just before lunch? I know I don't drink coffee much anymore, but Tim Horton's must have really amped up the caffeine for me to be unable to focus on anything.
.
Then my responsibilities rescued me for a while - B had skating, supper needed making, M had skating, had to put the kids to bed. G went to bed early, just after the kids, so I sat down with another cup of tea, feeling much calmer than I had earlier in the day.
.
I picked up the Anemoi I'd started earlier in the day to frog it as I realized I wouldn't have enough of the peachy handspun to finish both mittens if I did a corrugated ribbing for the cuff. I cast on again and just as I finished the cuff in the lovely cocoa Gloss an IDEA hit me!
.
.
I've been working on it non-stop and am loving it! But until I'm ready to reveal this cool pattern, I'll be showing more Print O the Wave and Anemoi!
.

No comments: