Friday, February 26, 2010

Because I am a sheep

I've been admiring the Sleepy Hollow socks since the Yarn Harlot blogged about her version. A weak moment in the yarn store had me bringing home this:


and this:


I love the color of the Brigg's & Little Durasport "Mulberry" yarn and the green OYT might be socks for my mom.

And then I hurried over to Oceanwind Knits and bought the Sleepy Hollow PDF!

I've been busy watching Olympics and knitting away on the 70st sized sock. Since the pattern repeat is 14 sts and 14 x 5 = 70, I deviated a bit from the pattern and instead of having the vertical lines running down the back of the sock, I've continued the leaf pattern. I love the pattern and the heel is such fun.

I've also been out of town for a few days and while I was in BC, found cute LYS/ quilt shop and bought this:



Souvenir yarn!

No comments: