Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A lack of progress

Here's a picture of the sock in progress:
.

Yes, it does look a lot like it did on Sunday. In fact, it looks exactly the same, desipite my finishing the gusset increases, shaping the heel, finishing the heel flap and working about 6 rows of the leg.
.
It was at that point that I tried it on and realized that it was too short for my foot. And this sock is for me, not someone with a foot three quarters of an inch shorter than mine. So I ripped it back.
.
Today I had great plans to resume knitting on the sock while dd had her braces tweaked and tightened at the orthodontist's. Did you know it's very hard to knit a sock on only three needles? It appears I left the fourth needle at home. I tried to knit. The stitches kept falling off the ends. I knit two rows before giving up.
.
I made myself happy by scoring some super cheap Paton's Grace at Michael's. $0.99 per ball!
.

No comments: