Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zest is his favorite Soap

Hubby always buys zest soap. Always.
.
But last May, I made homemade soap for the first time. I was watching Martha with the dd who was home from school with a migraine and there was a segment on about making goat's milk soap. DD thought that looked like fun and would make great teacher gifts for the end of the school year.
.
So we made some. We used an empty Pringles can lined with parchment paper as our mold and made beautiful round soaps. We wrapped them in waxed paper and put this cute little lable on them.
.
.
They turned out wonderful. I made another batch in September when my folks were visiting. My mom wanted to know how to make soap.
.
Somehow a bar of the stuff found it's way into the Hubby's hands in the shower and when he ran out, he asked if I had more. I was shocked. He went through another bar, and decided I should make more, now, so it has time to cure before we completely run out.
.
This afternoon I made another batch. Hubby's only request this time around was whether I could make a rectangular rather than round bar. Here they are resting in the molds. I'll turn them out and cut them tomorrow.
.
Still no sock progress. I made an ipod cozy for the dd last night instead, but it was too small so I frogged it too. I cast on with a few more stitches this morning and here's what we've got.
.
.

No comments: