Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peacock Baby Booties

Do you remeber this? I had about 120 yards of laceweight left when I cast off. I decided that I was more likely to find a use for a slightly heavier weight yarn, so I added more plying twist to the two ply laceweight and made 60yds heavy fingering weight cabled yarn.

Recently Knitting Iris showed us her Not Nola Slippers. I thought they'd be perfect for a pair of toe warmers for myself.



Halfway through, I realized this pattern would also be perfect for baby booties.

A friend is having a baby next week and I guessed that my 60 yards of remaining peacock yarn would be perfect. I used 2.0mm dpns with the heavy fingering weight yarn and modified the pattern slightly (mods here). I ended up with 15 inches left!



Aren't these just about the cutest things ever? Perfectly sized for a newborn, I expect they'll fit for only the first few weeks!




Oh, and thanks for waiting around... I think I'll be back regularly again

1 comment:

Fran said...

very cute booties and I'm glad you're back. I've missed your posts.