Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Sweetest Story

Sarah's Bear by Marta Koči
Wonderfully illustrated by the author in watercolours this is a story of a stuffed toy bear who falls overboard and is rescued by a girl and her family of animals. It is a sweet story of love and acceptance and belonging.
.
.
One of my favorite passages: "Now how about some sweets, please," begged Dog. "Well, just this once," said Pig, as she always did.
.
This is one of my favorite picture books. The book is out of print and I have resisted the temptation to steal the three copies I've seen (2 in a hospital waiting room, one in the school library). I will have to find one at a used bookseller soon, or I may weaken!
.
If you can find a copy... you should read it too!
.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

guaranteed you can find this book for sale online... I went on a bit of a kick a few years ago and bought copies of all my beloved childhood favourites, and many of the out of print ones were pretty easy to find. Good luck!

- Julie