Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's time for a new blankie

M has worn out his blankie. I've been mending holes for some time, but the yarn has so little strength left, its more a matter of darning the darned patches together. So I've cast on for his new blankie.
.
.
I designed this pattern for my sister's baby when we were both expecting our seconds. Her boy was born 6 weeks before mine and the pattern is named for him. When I first made these blankies for the boys, I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. Both boys blankets have lasted about 5 years with constant washing and use. And I've also heard guiltily relayed accounts of possible tug-o-wars occuring with my nephew's blankie. I would have liked to use KnitPicks Shine or Swish Superwash this time to find out first hand how those yarns would last in such a well used item, but M insists this must be THE SAME as the first blankie. So Bernat Handicrafter it is.
.
Pattern details here: Micah's Baby Blanket
.
Available as a Ravelry download $5.00



This link will redirect you to Paypal through Ravelry's shopping basket
.
Or from my Etsy shop
.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

how wonderful to have made such a well-loved and well-sued blankie! I'm sure it'll be great in it's second form, as well.

- Julie