Friday, August 12, 2011

Canon Powershot Sock

B has just purchased a new Canon Powershot Elph 100 HS. It is orange. She loves it. Of course, as the daughter of a knitter, she immediately thought that a knitted case made more sense than buying a case. That, and she spent almost all her money on the camera...



...with my permission, she went stash diving and came up with this:



and this:



Using Judy's Magic Toe-up Cast on I cast on 40 sts using the orange yarn and my 2.0mm bamboo DPNs.

Using a third DPN, I knit 4 rows of orange. Then I picked up 3 sts on one side of the little 4 row by 20 st rectangle, knit 10 sts. Grabbed a fourth DPN, knit 10 sts, picked up 3 more sts on the other side of the little rectangle and knit in the round. I knit 6 rounds of orange and 3 rounds of green until the sock fit Mr. Powershot nicely.

I cast off 22 sts (being careful to make sure the remaining sts were in a location that made sense for a flap). I knit 15 more rows in stst, slipping the first st of each row. (In hindsight, I shouldn't have slipped these sts, nor the ones in the next section, as it made applied I-cord more difficult to work.) Then I decreased one st at the beginning of each row until it came to a point.

Using the green yarn, I worked a 3 st applied I-cord edging, included a little loop for the button.



All in all, B was thrilled with the result.

No comments: